AquaFitness is especially suitable for those clients who find land based exercises difficult due to overweight or joint injuries, and for those lacking in flexibility and stamina. Aqua exercises give clients a feeling of wellness due to the buoyancy of the water, which helps them have a good range of movement. In most cases this feeling of wellness helps raise the client’s self-esteem, energy levels, and confidence. Those of us in the AquaFitness business know that Aqua exercises give people the “quick fix” they are looking for. Aqua Exercises cater for the vast population of people who just want to get results and feel good quickly.
Healthy Lifestyle Health Promotion Services
AquaFitness 1 Day Refresher Course
Full price: $198.00 (Inc GST)
CEC points: 6
This one-day course is very suitable for fitness instructors already teaching aqua classes who
just want a revision on the basic elements of the power of water, and is a follow-up to our 2 day AquaFitness training course. The course looks at intensity,
deep water work endurance, flexibility, and body composition by using different
movements in the water. This
is NOT a “high powered bells and whistles” refresher training course.
It is practical, well designed and delivered, with heaps of cue-cards
and ideas to stimulate and refresh some of the standard movements. Buoyancy Belts, Noodles, Dumb Bells, Water
Leg-weights, along with other equipment, including the new Water Horse, are all
included in practical strength training and endurance segments. Core stability is one of the main focuses of
the day with information coming from the principles of high quality, well
WHO CAN ATTEND
To be considered for this training, an applicant must:
- Have suitable skills and experience in leading an exercise class at a Fitness Australia Accredited Cert III level, with SISFFIT310A - Plan and Deliver Water Based Fitness Activities, or equivalent;
- Complete and sign the enrolment forms;
- Have, or be prepared to gain a current First Aid Certificate or equicalent; and
- Agree to ensure to abide by the administrative and safety requirements as outlined in the AquaFitness 1 Day Refresher Instructor Manual.
TYPE OF TRAINING
Face to Face
1 x 8 hour day which includes a practical assessment plus additional time to complete and submit a take-home open-book
AquaFitness 1 Day Refresher Course covers the following:
- Cardiovascular Response;
- Differing Water Conditions;
- Deep Water Workouts;
- Intensity of Exercise;
- Safety Revision;
- Overview of Teaching Skills;
- Building More Routines for Strength
- Sample Lessons;
- Interval Training;
- Circuits Reviewed and Revised;
- Programs for School; and
- Programs for Sports Groups.
will be involvement in numerous active practical water sessions during the one day training and will prepare two aqua
circuits for specific groups using cue-cards.
participants will be assessed in two ways:
- Practical Assessment delivered from the pool deck with or without music;
- A take-home
Participants on the course will receive:
- Comprehensive AquaFitness 1 Day Refresher manual;
- A set of cue-cards;
- AquaFitness 2 Day Course Instructor Manual (for thos who have not recieved one through previous training).
On completion of the
course and successful assessment, participants receive
a certificate from Healthy Lifestyle Health Promotion Services endorsed by the
Australian Fitness Industry.